Occupy Wall St – The Revolution Is Love with Charles Eisenstein
A taste of the upcoming feature documentary, Occupy Love. This is a community funded film. http://www.occupylove.org
“Love is the felt experience of connection to another being. An economist says ‘more for you is less for me.’ But the lover knows that more of you is more for me too. If you love somebody their happiness is your happiness. Their pain is your pain. Your sense of self expands to include other beings. This shift of consciousness is universal in everybody, 99% and 1%.”
~ Charles Eisenstein
9 PROPOSITIONS FOR A COMPASSIONATE CULTURAL CRITICISM
1. The bigger the cultural criticism conversation gets, the better; but also the more it’s geared to actual listening and transformation, the better . . . read more
1. You can refer to the “1%” and have everybody know what you are talking about.
2. You can fight back in court if you are stopped and frisked in New York City.
3. You can share things online without being immediately sued.
4. New media projects.
5. Senator Elizabeth Warren. *See video at link below.
6. A more deeply networked activist world.
Citizens are waking up across America to the extreme injustice done with the Passing of Citizens United in 2010. This does nothing less than undermine our very democracy. Corporations Are Not People.
It is reported that over a million people have signed online petitions. City councils in over a dozen states have invalidated corporate personhood.
Here’s a Good Explanation of What It Is
Move to Amend LA Organizing Meeting April 28, 2012: http://movetoamendla.org/?p=380