CA crossroads tour ventura oxnard, climate change ventura oxnard, projects to volunteer ventura oxnard, ventura climate hub, ventura climate hub calendar events meetings, volunteers wanted ventura oxnard
Please call or email the Team Leaders or Coordinators named below to offer needed help.
• Promotion- Tomas & Jan coordinating with Ron email email@example.com
• Distribute Posters – they are at the Refill Shoppe on 363 E Main St, Ventura, ask for Ally
• Need to find places to distribute posters in Ventura, Oxnard, Camarillo, Santa Paula, Ojai and on college campuses
• Facebook – Need someone who knows how to promote events
• Instagram – Need someone who knows how to promote events
• Volunteer for Steering Committee
Current members are Ron Whitehurst, Jan Dietrick, Ally Gialketsis and Tomas Rebecchi. We generally meet by conference call once a month or as needed. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to jump in and learn and work with others to make things happen for the climate in our community.
• Media Coordinator
• Membership Coordinator
• Letter Brigade Coordinator
• Meeting Coordinator – i.e. organize setup and cleanup
Project 2: Charter Bus Trip to March for REAL Climate Leadership Fundraising
Committee-Jan and David
Fundraising Goal: $2000 Application to Greenpeace
Promotion Committee to sign people up for the ride and march-need 4 helpers who know different organizations
Event Committee (on the buses)
Bus captains – Tomas Coordinator, who wants to help?
Activities on the bus – educational, music
Fun-Raiser for Charter Buses for March in Oakland
Dinner, Movie, Sign-Making
Saturday, January 30, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
It’s a party! Contribute time or money toward the bus trip on 2/7. We’ll be making signs and things to sell. We’ve been wanting to watch The Price of Sand (1 hr) about frac sand mining in the Midwest. Well-done, interesting arial photography. Describes some of the hidden social costs of the oil being brought into California. Location: 108 Orchard Dr, Ventura, CA (Jan and Ron’s house at the Bugfarm) Help requested: Somebody come in the afternoon to help with food, someone around 6:00 to finish any set-up and help welcome and orient people, a couple people to stay and help cleanup.
Project 3: Crude Oil by Rail Protest
Ron Coordinating, asking for Letters from 3 City Councils:
Ventura CC Meeting-Mon, Jan 12, 5:45 to get a speaker comment card. 501 Poli St, Ventura, park behind City Hall Team Leader- Needs a leader with Ron and Michelle
Oxnard CC Meeting Tue, Jan 13, 5:45 305 W 3rd St, Oxnard Team Leader-Tomas
Camarillo CC Meeting Wed, Jan 28, 7:30 public comment period Team Leader-Todd
Ventura County Board of Supervisors Tue, Jan 13, 9:45 am County Government Center, Admin Building, 800 Victoria Ave by Telephone Team Leader: Ron
Air Pollution Control District Board Meeting, Tue, Jan 13, 1:30 am County Govt Center, Admin Building, Board Chambers, 800 Victoria at Telephone Ron is going to talk about the fumes from the oil trains. Jan or somebody may make brief statement about Community Choice Aggregation and give everyone copies of Elias’ Opinion Editorial and docs from the Monterey Bay CCA. Will someone volunteer to talk about stricter limits on methane flaring?
San Luis Obispo Planning Commission Public Hearing, Feb 5th or 6th Help fill the building. Check FB event page: Crude by Rail Hearing San Luis Obispo on Ventura Co Climate Hub page.
Other Projects to Sign Up For!
• Climate Hub Letter Brigade – Coordinator Jan Dietrick email@example.com Be on a list to get articles from the local papers that relate to the transition from fossil fuels to clean energy and make comments in the form of Letters to the Editor. Also to write letters as needed to public officials. We have five volunteers and need five more right away due to lots of opportunities in the news right now.
• Community Choice Aggregation Research and Outreach Committee
We need a team leader to plan and facilitate meetings with the following volunteers: Jan, Robert, Don, Lance and Michelle. For now, make inquiries to Jan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Citizen Science Oil Monitoring Workshop – Ron is Coordinator email@example.com This workshop could happen sometime mid to late February. Let him know what days do or don’t work for you.