international protest TPP jan 31, los angeles protest michelle obama jan 29 2014, nafta on steroids, protest TPP michelle obama jan 29, stop TPP, TPP protest los angeles jan 2014, what is tpp, why are they rushing TPP, Why TPP is bad
*Scroll down to see organizations opposed to the TPP Fast Track and why.
What is the TPP (Trans Pacific Partnership)?
FROM ELECTRONIC FRONTIER FOUNDATION: The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) is a secretive, multi-national trade agreement that threatens to extend restrictive intellectual property (IP) laws across the globe and rewrite international rules on its enforcement. Read More
FROM FLUSH THE TPP.ORG
The TPP affects many issues, including worker’s rights and wages, environmental collapse and climate change, sovereignty of nations and democratic rule of law, Internet freedom and online creativity, food safety and agriculture, healthcare and financial regulation (including controls over the flow of capital), and much more. Read More
UP-COMING ACTIONS: http://www.stopfasttrack.com/#action
Los Angeles Tell Michelle Obama to stop the TPP Fast Track: January 29, 2014 https://www.facebook.com/events/657127130999756/
Intercontinental Day of Action against the TPP and Corporate Globalization — dozens of protests in U.S., Mexico, and Canada marking the anniversary of the passage of NAFTA. More Info. http://www.tradejustice.ca/tpp/jan31
On January 31, 2014, Communities throughout Mexico, Canada and the United States will join together to say “ENOUGH!” to the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), the pending Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and other corporate “trade” deals. They will do this in solidarity with with an important conference in Mexico City on the catastrophic impacts of NAFTA on Mexico and the need for a radically new trade model for the continent and beyond.
The pending Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) has been described as “NAFTA on Steroids.” Four years into the TPP negotiations, this new corporate power grab threatens to:
- Destroy livelihoods and accelerate the global race to the bottom in wages and working conditions
- Further commodify agriculture, trample food sovereignty, hurt small farmers and contribute to forced migration
- Enable new corporate attacks on democratically-enacted environmental and consumer protections
- Undermine global economic stability by prohibiting effective regulation of financial markets
- Reduce access to life-saving generic medications, increase the costs of prescriptions, and restrict freedom on the Internet