*There is another regular meeting the following Tuesday, January 17th, where they anticipate voting on themassive cuts to classes, entire programs, and huge staffing cuts.
Come and be a present to deter the proposed massive budget cutting votes of the Ventura County Community College District (VCCCD) board of Trustees.
• They have a special board meeting this next Tuesday, January 10th, at the 255 Stanley Ave site in W.Ventura, starting at 6pm (closed session is at 5:30 if you wish to come and picket before then) … with a proposed vote on hiring a company to search for a replacement chancellor immediately (which we hope could be put off for another year), and hopefully for more input to re-examine their proposed massive teaching cuts.
• There is another regular meeting the following Tuesday, January 17th, where they anticipate voting on the massive cuts to classes, entire programs, and huge staffing cuts.
• Sign the petition (Click to Download Petition to VCCCD board of trustees), and gather signatures that you are able in the short time left before the January 10th board meeting. The petition is basically requesting that the board re-examine the cuts that they are supposed to vote on.
We are asking the board to:
1) Look more fully at where money is spent (not just in classes, but also in administrative, etc) …and what’s available to draw from (including excess emergency funds).
2) Put more of the cuts away from what directly affects students’ education.
3) to re-look at how to save classes and programs and teaching staff… from the wonderful education that’s been built in the community college system over so many years.
4) and to publicly discuss their choices and reasons for what they’re planning to cut in this sad economic time.
Write to the Trustees of your concerns:
Steve Blum email@example.com
Dianne McKay firstname.lastname@example.org
Larry Miller email@example.com
Art Hernandez firstname.lastname@example.org
Bernardo Perez email@example.com
Check the VCCCD website for info. on the January 17th meeting time and location, which is yet undetermined and may be in Camarillo’s V.Co.Office of Ed. on Adolfo Rd off Santa Rosa Rd exit. http://www.vcccd.edu
Please get involved in fighting these cuts. I don’t know that this voting can be undone.
Kathy Johnsen & other friends of the community colleges