Aerial View of Mission Park in downtown Ventura. Site of the coming occupation!
Everyone! Come to the County Government Center at Victoria & Telephone tomorrow, Friday, Oct 14th, from 3pm on, for our OCCUPY VENTURA KICKOFFF!
We will be OCCUPYING THE CORNER!
• high un-and-under-employment
• a concentration of wealth in the top 1%
• the bubble economy, which destroyed first retirement savings and now has resulted in the mass foreclosure of homes
• a state of permanent, undeclared, war in Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan
• the inability for the common citizen to afford adequate access to healthcare, education, nutrition and human services
• destruction of the environment
We assert that the unifying cause of these injustices is the collusion between government and corporations. We call for the separation of corporation and State by:
• eliminating banker and corporate bailouts
• eliminating the power for government to award monopolies and special privileges to corporations
• prosecute white collar crime
• end the Federal Reserve System, which through debasement of the dollar and secret loans, has funded war and bailouts beyond the consent of the tax payers
• moving money out of corrupt banks into local credit unions.